As cyber crime is evolving in magnitude and impact, addressing security in your software development lifecycle is no longer “nice to have”, IT IS A MUST.
Most talented developers do not have a clue how to integrate security throughout the development lifecycle.
What classically happens is that at the end of the development lifecycle right before the release stage, the security requirements are addressed and security testing is performed only to discover major vulnerabilities in the product/application which require adjustments in the application code and maybe even as far back as the application design.
What is Secure SDLC and How Can We Help?
Secure Software Development Life Cycle (Secure SDLC) is a method developed to ensure security issues as well as compliance requirements are addressed throughout the development lifecycle in the most effective way.
The classical SDLC includes addressing security from the requirements, design stage throughout the actual development and of course through the verification and release stages:
Training → Design → Implementation → Verification → Release → Response
HackControl provides full support at all levels and stages of the development lifecycle in order to help our customers achieve the security they are striving for from their products.
Organizational Secure SDLC
HackControl will take your company one step ahead by assisting your company in securing not only a single or multiple development projects; we will help you create a methodology which will enforce correct implementation of security into company work methodology and bring your development processes to the maturity level you are seeking.
- Secure development guideline document
- Creation of a list of requirements for designers / architects etc.
- Creation of a checklist for developers.
Secure development methodology
- Implementation of secure development methods into the organization’s existing methodology documents
- Improvement of existing procedures
- Definition of check points throughout the development process, in between the different phases
Building an Organizational Secure Development Infrastructure
Increasing the involvement of QA teams in the security testing process
- Targeted training for QA teams on performing penetration tests
- Creation of security test cases for the QA team
Determining organizational control points in the development process – approval of relevant party at critical points
- Design approval from a security point of view before moving on to writing of the code
- Code scan before moving to testing environment
- Penetration test before moving to production. SDLC-based development
Consulting for development projects
- Building a secure project management plan
- Training for the project manager
Project development control
- Attendance in the design meetings – performance of secure design review
- Sample code tests
- Meetings with development teams – review of code snippets in new modules on a permanent basis
- Unit security testing